Spring Pictures- May 29th
Spring Picture Day is May 29th. Students in Grade 5-7 are able to take pictures and order similar to the fall and Grade 8 students will take photos with their gowns and a class portrait. See order forms below for info.
Career Day at BMS – June 8th
Parents, we need your help for the upcoming Career Day. Please see the attached letter and e-mail Mrs. Zuckerman at email@example.com or call 860-546-9421 Ext. 6 if you are able to volunteer your time.
|14th||Progress reports distributed|
|15th||After school program||3:30 – 4:30p|
|16th||6th Grade Field Trip||Audubon Society 9a – 2:10p|
|16th||Homework Club||Library 3:30p – 4:30p|
|17th||8th Grade Field Trip||New Eng. Air Museum 8:00 – 2:45p|
|18th||Woodstock Athletics Meeting||Library 1p|
|22nd||After school program||3:30 – 4:30p|
|23rd||Homework Club||Library 3:30p – 4:30p|
|24th||Korean Cultural Art Day||Assemblies during the day|
|25th||Spring PEP Rally||Gym 1:30p|
|28th||Memorial Day||No school today|
|29th||After school program||3:30 – 4:30p|
|29th||8th Grade Photos & Spr. Photos||Gym 8:30 – 10:45a|
|30th||Homework Club||Library 3:30p – 4:30p|
|31st||7th & 8th Grade Field Trip||
Six Flags 8:30 – 5:30p
|6th||Homework Club||Library 3:30 – 4:30p|
|7th||8th Grade Field Trip||Boston 6:30 – 7p|
|8th||7th & 8th Grade Career day||Various TBA|
|8th||Six Flags RAIN DATE||Six Flags|
|12th||7th Grade Field Trip||Project O 8:30 – 3p|
|11th||8th Grade Dinner/ Dance||Town Hall 6p|
|13th||5th Grade Field Trip||Mystic Seaport 8:30 – 3p|
|13th||Homework Club||Library 3:30 – 4:30p|
|14th||Band/ Chorus Concert||Gym 6p|
|15th||NJHS to CES’s Field Day||CES 8a – 3p|
|15th||Summer Book Review||Library during school day|
|15th||Evening of the Arts||6p – 7:30p|
|18th||7th & 8th Grade Picnic||Odetah Campground|
|18th||Sports Banquet /Awards||Gym 6:30p – 8p|
|19th||BMS PTO Field Day||9a- 2:30p|
|22nd||Last Day of School – ½ day||NOON dismissal|
|22nd||8th Grade Recognition Night||DHBMS 6pm|
Support Baldwin at Big Y!
- Shoppers enroll in the program through the MyBigY app or at bigy.com and designate a school to receive their points.
- Every time they shop at Big Y, after February 1, 2018, and purchase specially marked Education Express items with their Silver Saving Club® card, they earn points for the schools.
2017 Opening Day Information Packet
- Opening Day Intro Form 2017
- Baldwin Middle School Open House Invite 2017
- Student Registration Form
- Health Information Form
- Yearly Health Update Form
- Acknowledgement of AIDS Curriculum Form (Grade 5)
- Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- 2017-18 Emergency Automated Notification System Form
- Media Release Form
- Emergency Dismissal Plan Form
- School Closing and Delays Information
- Integrated Pest Management Plan/ Request for Notification
- Notification of Asbestos Containing Materials Form
- Canterbury Public Schools Green Cleaning Program Statement
- Student Handbook and Policies Acknowledgement Form 2017
- 2017- 2018 Student Handbook
- Canterbury Cares Food Bank Information
- Homeless Family Support Information
- 2017-2018 Application for Free and Reduced-price School Meals or Free Milk
- 2017-2018 Student Accident Insurance Information
Important Information for Parents and Students for the 2017-2018 School Year
Please be sure to check the calendar on the left of this page for district events and information or click on the specific event below for more info
Parents at the Baldwin Middle School have the ability to create an account and access the PowerSchool Parent Portal. In order to create an account, parents will need the user id and password provided with report cards on 12/9. Please use the PowerSchool Parent Portal Log In Guide for step by step instructions. Please email the school if you have any questions.
The Canterbury Public Schools Safe School Climate Plan is developed and addresses the existence of bullying in its schools. A core component of preventing bullying and creating an environment that is safe for all is the ability for students to anonymously report acts of bullying and teen dating violence to school employees. Students can use the reporting form below or can text information to the school bullying reporting hotline at (401) 992- 4132 or simply write down the information and share with a teacher or administrator. Both online forms of reporting are directed to a school administrator who will follow the procedures and protocols in compliance with the Canterbury Public Schools Safe School Climate Plan.
New or Returning Student Registration Information
If you are a new or returning resident to Canterbury and wish to register your child at the middle school, please bring the following documents to the middle school:
- Birth certificate or other legal documentation indicating parent/ guardian is the legal custodian of the student.
- Driver’s license with current and correct Canterbury address. *White sticker on back of license acceptable.
- Two original documents showing residency. One must be rent or mortgage agreement and the second can be utility bill or cell phone bill. PO Box or magazine is not acceptable.
The following forms must be completed as well:
Baldwin Middle School Information Sheet/ Registration Form 2016-17