Working Papers For Minors

Working Papers are available through the Superintendent’s Office 45 Westminster Road, Canterbury, CT 06331  Tel: 860-546-6950


To Receive a Work Permit
  • Student must appear in Person (parent cannot do this for you)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Need a present Valid Proof of Age:  Birth Certificate, plus Driver’s License or Passport
  • You must bring a Promise of Employment Letter from the company that you will be working for.  Must be on their letterhead or legibly stamped with their company name. The employer needs to state what your actual position will be (describe what tasks the minor will be performing on the job) as well as the hourly rate of pay and hours of work.
  • Minors 14 and 15 years old –
  • For all students/minors age 16-18, a working permit is required for all types of employment-
Please call the Superintendent’s Office (860) 656-6950  (call ahead to make sure that the designated agent is available). When you come in for the Working Papers  please have all the documents listed above with you.
Office hours: 7:30 am – 2:30 pm