James A. Connelly, Interim Superintendent of Schools, 860-546-6950
April 1, 2020
Dear Canterbury Public Schools Families,
Please know that the Canterbury Public School District is very concerned about you and your families during this extended school closure. It is very important that you and your families continue emphasizing prevention and social distancing
- The district staff appreciates your patience and support as well as your offers of assistance as we implemented our remote learning last week. Please know that all of our staff is working very hard to provide a quality education to your children remotely. You will continue to receive information on the plan from the administration of Canterbury Elementary School, Dr. Helen Baldwin Middle School, and the Special Education Department on a regular basis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Our “Grab and Go” meal packet program continues to be successful. We distributed 195 meals on Monday, March 30th . In an effort to reach more families we will be moving to meal delivery starting Monday, April 6th . An announcement with more details will follow later this week
- The Canterbury remote model we are providing will count towards the State 180 school day requirement. It is anticipated that the CPS district will meet this requirement on June 12, 2020, This will be our official last day of school whether we are back in the building or continue remote learning.
- Canterbury Public Schools will observe Good Friday, April 10th, and Spring break from April 1317th and no active remote learning will be provided to students during that time.
- Our district website, www.canterburypublicschools.org is the only site that will be providing official information concerning Canterbury Public schools. You may also receive emails and other information electronically from our two schools and central office departments. These are three additional websites to access for additional official information: websites: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html. www.nddh.org, and www.who.int.
The Canterbury Public School district is committed to work and communicate with all of our families during this unprecedented time. With recent developments, it is even more important now to emphasize prevention and social distancing for you and your families. Please continue to be informed on the many recommendations of our school nurses and the communications you have been receiving from the school administrators including previous letters. Please know we are very concerned about you and your families at this time. Stay healthy and we will continue to provide communication to you on an ongoing basis.
James A Connelly
Interim Superintendent of Schools
Mrs. Dottie Horn, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
CPS Mission Statement:
In collaboration with our community, the Canterbury Public Schools will develop, foster, and cultivate all students to their highest potential, through rigorous academics within a safe, nurturing, and respectful environment.
Administrator’s Monthly BOE Report
Archived Newsletters and Correspondence