To: Grade 8 Students and Parents
From: Ryan Earley
Date: March 15, 2019
Subject: Date of 2019 Recognition Ceremony
Now that the winter weather has seemed to be over and area high schools have tentative dates for their respective high school graduation ceremonies, the Baldwin Middle School has decided to hold the 2019 Grade 8 Recognition Ceremony on Friday June 7th at 6:00pm and will be located on the Baldwin Middle School campus (rain or shine).
Many may be wondering about logistics of the evening and here are some basics:
- Parking: will be available on the BMS campus and also at the Canterbury Town Hall with shuttles provided before and after the ceremony. Handicapped parking area will be available.
- Seating: Seating is first come, first serve with no limitations and no tickets.
- Photography: Parents are encouraged to take photos during the event.
- Cap and Gown: Students will all be wearing the same color gown (red) and there will be no caps this year. Gowns were distributed to students for class photo and will be given out again for the ceremony, and will be returned to the school for future use.
- Reception: There will be a light reception following the ceremony; however, the school recognizes it is the defined last day of school for the district and a Friday evening when most families may go out for dinner.